Other UN Agency vacancies
COMMUNICATION ASSISTANT, UNICEF
CATEGORY: General Service, GS-6, Fixed Term Appointment
DUTY STATION: Astana
DURATION: 1 year with possibility for further extension
Under supervision of Communication Officer and general guidance of Representative,
collect and monitor the variety of information; technical and administrative services and liaison duties of moderate scope and difficulty in support of information and communication activities to support country programme especially in relation to implementation of Communication for Development strategy as well as Private Sector Partnership and Resource Mobilization strategy to contribute in establishment of effective communication/networking through partnership and collaboration:
· collect information and prepare periodic and ad hoc reports on programme and project activities related to programme communication, resource mobilization, market research, partnership building;
· contribute to the organisation of programme related information and communication activities, as well as methodology and strategy of private sector partnership;
· prepare and maintain records for programme communication and resource mobilization; record on research work for increasing contributions from public and private sources;
· help to organize public support for special events and contribute to elaboration of UNICEF advocacy and communication startegy for raising general awareness on child rights and programs benefiting children and women;
· assist in maintaining close collaboration with mass media: draft press releases, prepare media information and reports, donor reports, project proposals, media information and submissions to Government and partners, monitor coverage of UNICEF programmes and projects in media, participate in the briefing and debriefing of programme and communication personnel;
· contribute to developing specifications of programme communication and promotional materials as well as maintenance of photographic and audio-visual materials. Monitor and keep inventory records of communication and advocacy materials and publications, facilitate their appropriate and timely dissemination to target audiences and participate in the evaluation of their impact;
· verify the reliability and relevance of data and information and UNICEF brand requirement to be used for all types of communication;
· maintain communication with local donors and UNICEF Goodwill Ambassadors;
· provide information, feedback and research results that will assist in evaluation of office resource mobilization strategy and corrective actions to planning;
· perform other duties as required.
Minimum Standard Requirements:
· University degree preferably in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or related field.
· Six years of progressive work experience in communication, print and broadcast media or interactive digital media and some
experience in programme support communication, fundraising, corporal social responsibility, public relations
· Proficiency in Russian, English and Kazakh with ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and
· Good analytical, negotiating, communication and report-writing skills.
· Team work essential.
UNICEF is a non smoking working environment.
Closure of Applications: 29 September 2013
Vacancy notice number, Cover letter, CV and UNICEF Personal History form (P11) please submit to email@example.com with copy to Operations Manager, Elvira Begisheva, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or UNICEF Astana office. Address: 10A, Beibitshilik str, block 1.
Only those who are short-listed for interviews will be notified. Telephone calls will not be responded.
The UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is the world’s leading organization focusing on children and child rights. UNICEF works with local communities, partners and governments to ensure every child’s rights to survive and thrive are upheld. If you are committed, creative professional and passionate about making a lasting difference for children, and are comfortable working in a challenging environment we would like to hear from you.
Explore this website http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index.php to learn more about the qualifications and benefits of working with UNICEF, and how to find and apply for jobs using our online recruiting system. You can also get a glimpse of the careers of current UNICEF employees and get a better idea of how your skills and interests may fit with the needs of our organization.